• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperam and memory dividers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have a gig of 4200 Hyperam, 2 x 512. I ran this in a couple of P4 systems and now run it in an A64 setup. It will do in the 280 to 285 range so I am not complaining. But whenever i try to use any kind of divider other than 1:1 it just hates it. In fact, the only divider besides 1:1 that has ever even posted is the 133 limit with the A64 board. The 166 option will not post at any speed. SAme problem with the P4 boards with either the 5:4 option or the 4:5 or 2:3, etc. Nothing but 1:1. Am I missing something when trying the divider route? I also tried the loosest timings when attempting divider use.

strange, is it adata brand??, my hyperram(adata) ran great in all my abit boards.one thing i noticed tho was i had to manually set the divider strap and manually set the timings

Yes, it is the Adata version. Even at some major underclocks it hates dividers. That is what puzzles me. I have not manually set every option, though. I usually leave as much as possible to <auto> except for cas if getting the speed into the upper reaches. I will have to give that a shot. I will give you a "for instance" of what I am experiencing. With my A64 setup, I run it at 275 to 278 with the divider at 1:1 with the 200max setting. If I change that to the 166max setting, it will not post. Makes no sense to me.

one thing i noticed tho was i had to manually set the divider strap and manually set the timings
Thanks for the suggestion, that worked. I was running at 280 1:1 for a test and tries all manual settings and dropped down to 166max and it worked. Now I know it is available if needed.

what do you guys think? is it worth to keep my adata hyperam 2x512 for a dfi nf4 or should i get the ocz vx? money aint an issue...

its just another "are timings worht it?" question

Back