• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.skill in an Nf7-s question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey guy,(the ps still works great) i wouldnt advise it if ur gonna keep the nfs, but since ur gonna upgrade it,it should do the job. the 939 it loves this ram..

Great, glad to hear it's still kicking, so are you saying it won't run at say 240 on that board? if not can you help me find some? I wan't to spend a max of $150 and would like dual channel.

G. SKill LA are better then the LC's

DDR 400 - 5-2-2-2
DDR 600 - 8-4-4-2.5

These should do fine for what you want on the NF7...and are some of the best OCers for the 939's...

Key thing to remember...the NF2's like memory with high latency...A64's like memory with low latency...So the G. Skill wont really perform well until you get the A64 system...

Bummer, not a real positive post on results, I am open to ideas, I am going to be stuck with the Nf7-s for another 1-2 months and long for higher Fsb, it's moded for up to 3.3 vdimm so voltage isn't an issue.

-milkman

How would Bh-5 perform?

TCCD's tend to like 3.2v+ also...

I had my 1G LC kit running on my NF7 for a few days while the A64 was down without any issues...but I linked you to that thread on a worse case scenario

BH-5 is better for the NF2's...but wont do all that great on a A64...

since u have the capability of 3.3 volts how about some twinmos speed premium(winbond utt chips). they sell for 150.00 and are capable of 250/270 @2.2.2.5 on 3.4 3.5 volts. however im not sure how well they will do on a a64 system..

Just bought some Bh-5, I can always sell it or more likely pass it down when I go A64 and that should rule out as memory holding me back from high Fsb.

-Milkman

You should do fine with collins BH5's...dont let the PC3000 fool you either...those are PC3500+ rated...those are really KHX PC3500 rated at PC3000 ;)...

I hope so, I am running Ch-5 Pc3500 now and can't get decent timings with more than 225, will do 240 but very loose and high voltage, will that Bh-5 be ok with 3.3 volts? I have the dirty punk Vdimm and have 3.3 on the line right now or should I lower the voltage?

BH5's love high voltage...CH5 and most TCCD's do not like high voltage...seems like some of the newer TCCD's chips tend to run better between 3.2v and 3.5v now...but on par TCCD's do not like high voltages...

I am hoping for say 245 1:1 with decent timings, my 2600+ mobiles can do it, I have had it almost to 2900 on water and low voltage, so if the memory can do it I should see better results from my 6800gt@ ultra speeds:)

-Milkman

Milkman said:
I am hoping for say 245 1:1 with decent timings

Shouldnt be any issues as long as you have the voltage...wouldnt be suprised if they ran at 5-2-2-2 at 3.2v+...

Back