• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shooting for 4.0ghz +. Which memory should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

I am going to be building my system soon and I haven't had the time to keep up with the boards. I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for some cost effective memory that will not be the bottleneck when I try to push a 3.4e to 4.0ghz and beyond?

4 gig is around 240 for u my friend(using stock multiplier). i would get some ballistix(pc4000) it runs 2.5.2.2.5 up to 250 @2.8 volts or some real good ocing bh5 (expensive) or the ocz vx series (250.00 needs 3.5 volts) or the newest craze - the twinmoss pc3200 speed premiums (about 150.00) the last 2 need extreme voltage 3.4/3.5 but will run 250/260 @ 2.2.2.5 and sometimes more..

What about G.Skill and Komusa? I have read good things here on the boards about them lately.

mycotopian said:
What about G.Skill and Komusa? I have read good things here on the boards about them lately.
yes either is a fantastic choice. Komusa uses Hynix CTD50 and the Gskill uses Samsung TCCD. Both are fantastic solutions for high FSB systems.

TCCd has slightly better timings and peformance over the hynix

Back