• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does voltage kill TCCD chips ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xception

I recently got some Gskill LE's and had to give em 3.05 volts on this abit AI7 to get them stable at the stock rating of 2.5,3,3,7 at 275 fsb. Anything less and they freeze when playing UT4 and fail 2 x prime within 20 minutes. Of course they are new so maybe they will break in.

I really don't want to fry them and was considering giveing them more juice to see if they would do better.

Added in edit. These are 44D chips that I just got from newegg and they have the BP808 pcb.

Last edited:
I've given mine up to 3.2 and they didn't die. This wasn't for a prolonged period, but if you want to see if they can at least run at stock with higher voltage then I think they'll be fine.

Thanks Radical, I have read several posts where some sticks had to be lowered to 2.65 to get them to fly but this set definetly will not. 2.65 volts and 3,4,4,8 with 280fsb and they will fail to post

put a 80m or 92mm fan above to ease your worry.

3.05 should be ok, if they are kept cool.

jus give them sufficient cooling, it does get relatively hot at abt 2.8v.

Xception said:
I recently got some Gskill LE's and had to give em 3.05 volts on this abit AI7 to get them stable at the stock rating of 2.5,3,3,7 at 275 fsb. Anything less and they freeze when playing UT4 and fail 2 x prime within 20 minutes. Of course they are new so maybe they will break in.

I really don't want to fry them and was considering giveing them more juice to see if they would do better.

Added in edit. These are 44D chips that I just got from newegg and they have the BP808 pcb.

i would contact gskill and tell them, the voltage shouldnt have to be kranked to 3.05 to run at its rated timings and speed.u should be able to rma them and maybe get a really good set..

^^^
I read it as, 'he wants stock timings at higher than stock fsb'(hence, the vIncrease). Wonder which it is... :)

flapperhead said:
i would contact gskill and tell them, the voltage shouldnt have to be kranked to 3.05 to run at its rated timings and speed.u should be able to rma them and maybe get a really good set..

Contact Jack at G. Skill Forum..I was reading where there was some certain settings that had to do with the AI7

LxOxSxI said:
^^^
I read it as, 'he wants stock timings at higher than stock fsb'(hence, the vIncrease). Wonder which it is... :)

Actually I just would like to see them run at their rated speed on my slightly overclocked system ;) You AMD guys are so smug :D The adata in my sig runs 285 (stable) without a hiccup and that is with stock vcore and 2.7vdimm but alas there is a BIG difference in 256 vs 512 modules so I have come to learn.

Thanks for pointing me towards Gskill fella's I will check out there site and post there if neccessary however I have had this board for 2 years and think I know most of the tricks for them. I have a suspicion I am nearing the board and cpu's ability as I have never been able to post over 292.

Last edited:
Back