• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2 Platinum and TCCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gullyrip

Registered
I can't make my mind up which memory to get looked tons of reviews everyone says something different. Here's what I'm looking at though kingston hyper x KHX3200ULK2/1G, mushkin Hi Perf LII V2 Dual Pack, ocz EL Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel, or patriot PDC1G3200+XBLK. LMK what's working for you guys and your neo2.

G. Skill

LE's for 1G DC
LA's for 512 DC

LA
LE

LE's are PC3200 5-2-2-2/PC4400 7-3-3-2.5 rated
LA's are PC3200 5-2-2-2/DDR600 8-4-4-2.5 rated

The OCZ Platinum 3200 rev2s utilize the same chips as g.skill LEs. Get whichever you can find cheaper, though I have tested the OCZs w/o the heatspreaders and they performed worse. Perhaps OCZs spreader is worth a few extra bucks.

TimoneX said:
The OCZ Platinum 3200 rev2s utilize the same chips as g.skill LEs.

The only difference is...G. Skill truely hand picks their chips...while other companys buy by the bulk and put the memory chips on at one set rating...G. Skill goes through each set and resells then chips that will not do PC3200/PC4400 (LA's/DDR600) specs...this is the main reason why G. Skills are doing so well with OCers and why they cost a little more then most other brands...

(Not saying anything bad about any other company...just that no other company as of yet is double rating their memory with a lifetime warranty)

I dunno the two are so close in performance utilizing the same ICs & boards that it's just about getting lucky and getting a good sample. OCZ is a great company to deal with and has a long track record of standing behind their products. Hopefully g.skill will prove to be as reasonable.

TimoneX said:
OCZ is a great company to deal with and has a long track record of standing behind their products.

You wont hear me argue otherwise...I was using their products when all the crap came about 5 or 6 yrs ago...Ryan did a great job getting everything worked out for me in a very reasonable amount of time...Kudos to Ryan and the support team at the time...

So far, from the PM's and post over at g. skills forums..."Jack" and the rest of the support team reminds me a lot of Ryan and Sean...so this is looking good so far with G. Skill..

one of the G.SKill forum reps said only 1 out of every 10 chips make it into the LE speed bin.

Back