• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ballistix PC4000 Keeps Failing...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
alright, i borrowed 2 sticks of 512 Crucial Ballistix PC4000/DDR500 RAM from a friend to try it out

i put it to the recommended timings on their website which were 2.5-3-3-8

and set the vdimm voltage to 2.8 (suggested voltage)

it boots up fine when i'm OC'd 1:1 to bring it back up to the 250mhz its supposed to be at

but no matter what i do, even at 100% stock speeds, after i do anything that is graphically intense, my computer locks up and i have to manually restart it - it happens in CS, SOF II, 3dmark03, hell... even winamp makes it lock up

any ideas whats wrong here? i'm not much of a RAM guru and could definitely use some help here

i finally gave up and put my sticks of generic DDR400 back in and it works fine with no problems whatsoever :eh?:

please help me!!
-Justin

Try running memtest86 from www.memtest86.com if you think you have RAM issues and see if it is reporting RAM problems, to make sure it is the RAM.

alright, i'm at school in AutoCAD class right now, so i'll run it when i get home around 3:30 today

Sneaky said:
vagp = agp voltage? if so, its 1.5v

just for giggles you might want to try 1.6 or 1.7 for awhile and see if that wont help your stability problems out.

the vagp is also the voltage that is supplied to your northbridge. if you crash out in 3d intensive apps it could be struggling @ that vagp i know if i set my vagp under 1.6 i cant even get to bios with my fsb over 245mhz might be worth taking a look at as well.

It may just be the processor or your motherboard man. I hear the micron stuff doesnt jiive well with Intel at all. The Ballisitx are targeted more toward A64 rigs than Intel. <excluding the DDR2>

i'm giving the RAM back to my friend tomorrow... i gave up, and i'm not gonna bother trying all this stuff

guess i'll choose another type of RAM to buy when i do upgrade... skip ballistix

Back