• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t12121

Is it better to let the bios set the timings in automatically or tweak them manually?? Currently my setup is in automatically at 2.5-3-3-7 (cas-trcd-trp-tras) I have 2100 ddr memory currently in the computer. Not oc'd. Would there be an advantage to tweakin them or just leaving them alone. :eh?:

This is the OC Forums.:attn: Tweak them in maually of coarse. Give us some specs on your system. i.e. Memory Manufacturer, CPU, mobo. First try dropping your CAS to 2. and test it for stability.

why not tweak it if it is possible? you never know till you try, if you lower the timings you will lower your ram latency so there is an advantage... although minute and probably unnoticable, but be ready to reset the cmos if the ram can't handle the timings, you could most likely lower the tras no problem, as for the other timings just try it out

I have 768 mb (ddr 2100) of memory (two sticks) 256 unbranded memory 512 kingston. The computer is a home built. The Cpu is an amd 2600+ fsb 133. I have a Ga-7dxr. Oh ya btw I have my cas now at 2 so my current specs are 2-3-3-7. I will prob try changing the tras later just trying one thing at a time. But as of right now is seems to be working very good.

t12121 said:
I have 768 mb (ddr 2100) of memory (two sticks) 256 unbranded memory 512 kingston. The computer is a home built. The Cpu is an amd 2600+ fsb 133. I have a Ga-7dxr. Oh ya btw I have my cas now at 2 so my current specs are 2-3-3-7. I will prob try changing the tras later just trying one thing at a time. But as of right now is seems to be working very good.
Thats pretty good for that particular memory. :thup:

I read it but most of the stuff the read is a little more advanced then I am so I will have to read it a few times to understand it. Changing that from 2.5 to 2 seemed to speed it speed things up some. I might try tweaking some of the other numbers maybe unsure if I want to though. Mostly becasue I dont want to have to use the jumper. ;)

Now my motherboard has "dual bios" on it anyone know if I set up something wrong will I be able to get that to kick in if it fails?

Yup dual bios works LOL. I changed my timings to 2-3-3-5 and the other bios kicked in. Well I guess I cant go to that setting LOL :eek: I have it at 2-2-2-6.

Last edited:
Back