• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not decide between Leadtek or XFX 6600GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1vek215

Alright it's time to upgrade my card but I'm not really sure which brand I should get for 6600GT.

I've heard that the Leadteks are pretty quiet when compared to other brands, but I've also heard XFX's are pretty solid cards (the Leadtek to me, looks flimsy).

I want to get them off Newegg

The leadtek is refurbished and OEM

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-206R&depa=0

and here is the XFX

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-080&depa=0

Which one would you suggest?

In this case, I will get the XFX. Reason being thatthe leadtek is refurbished. If both of them are retail, I will go with the Leadtek.

mattspalace said:
yeah xfx and some evga version come with 1.6ns memory..
Can you confirm that? Im not sure if the eVGA does or not. Last I heard they made a special one for a price premium that came with 1.6

yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of Sen - it's like ultra extreme or something.. Anywho, it's not a regular 6600GT, it will have a cool name to signifiy it's ***-whoopin' ability. ;)

mattspalace said:
yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of Sen - it's like ultra extreme or something.. Anywho, it's not a regular 6600GT, it will have a cool name to signifiy it's ***-whoopin' ability. ;)
Yea at a price premium of course :-/ I think its almost $50 more.

Just something to consider. I build my buddies computer with the XFX 6600GT.

The XFX runs very hot even after I re-seat the fan with AS5. It's 60C+ and does not perform good when hot. For example I get 105 FPS on source VST at start-up, then you I only get 40 FPS when hot. Get a good cooler for it if you get the XFX 6600GT. It performs extremely well when cool but get's hot easily. I had advise my buddy to get a cooler and I would advise you the same if you get this card.

It also does not comes with the standard monitor plug and requires an addapter (which it comes with).

Last edited:
XFX not hot at all.. mine runs at like 50-55 even under full load stock cooling and see my sig on how well it oc

After reading some of the reviews they said it requires 450watts?

I have a PNY 6600gt AGP and it comes with so much trouble. PNY says it only need 350watts, some tech briefs say it need 300watts. Users swear 450watts. I can't get mine to run stable with 350-420watts.

Reviewer also say the 6600gt AGP is faster and post better scores in benches than the PCI-E cards.

my 2 cents

leadtek is a good overclocker in most cases, XFX is not.

depends what you want to do. if you want to overclock it then get the leadtek. if you want to run it stock then you should maybe go with the XFX.

Back