• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Aviators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Newbie

Senior Django-loving Member
Well?

Are any of you liscensed to break the surly bonds of Earth? Do you own an aircraft of some sort? (Persons who own Gulfstreams need not reply :) )

I personally am a student pilot, and aviating is so much more fun than just about everything else I can think of. I come from a line of aviators (my father is an airline pilot, both grandfathers were, etc.) and can say that getting PAID to have fun would just rock.

Glider Pilot's License over here. :attn:

BFR just ran out though and I don't have the time to study to get current again. :(

Will definitely get back into it once I graduate. Real pilots don't need no stinkin' engine. :D

I wish I could. Maybe after I get my driver's liscence.
I think you can fly gliders at 16, then planes at 18, although some 12 year olds have flown, it's been on the news.

I want my own jet though, maybe a 727 PIMPED out completely...

Seven said:
I wish I could. Maybe after I get my driver's liscence.
I think you can fly gliders at 16, then planes at 18, although some 12 year olds have flown, it's been on the news.

I want my own jet though, maybe a 727 PIMPED out completely...

The FARs have been amended to prevent such young and admittedly irresponsible flights, which is a good thing IMO.

You can do the glider thing at 16--good idea, probably will get that liscense myself just in case the 172's engine decides to roll over and die.

I want an instrument rating SO BAD... :)

By the way, the 727s are really cheap to own now (in jet terms), but so expensive to operate because of fuel consumption.

The FARs have been amended to prevent such young and admittedly irresponsible flights, which is a good thing IMO.

Now the only problem is getting the young guys to read 'em...

- Your Neighborhood Controller

Back