• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SNieX

Hey all..

i started up MEMTEST 64+ off the floppy disk. i left it running for about 1 hour and it was 2% done then i decided the exit it by pressing the "esc" then i waited and waited and it didnt do anything, so i hard-restarted the computer.. and now when windows logs in it takes forever i'm watching it blue screen background to my desktop before loggin into the account with the mouse cursor there,, what should i do....

Please help me

Carlos

AT this point im "login'n into windows" but it extremely slow... wha should i do..

should i run the MEMTEST again, and this time till its completely done?

SNieX said:
....will these tests, make the ram more effiecent?
No its just a stress tester.

_____

Put everything at stock and start damage control. Do a quick chkdsk from the recovery console and go from there

"Put everything at stock and start damage control. Do a quick chkdsk from the recovery console and go from there"

it was all stock when i started the test.. "damage control " how do i start that?
"CHkdSK" check disk i suppose from harddrive? "recovery consolse?"= the one that has the problem

Please help me

Carlos

SNieX said:
...Im finally back at the desktop but its really slow
Sentential please help me out

Carlos
Need full system specs. Check your fans, especially the CPU fan. Your processor could be overheating and thus is throttleing.

When I meant damage control it was in a metaphorical sense. Set everything to failsafe and check for failures across the board. Starting with your temperatures

SNieX said:
let me do this let me hard restart the computer and i'll get into the bios and check the temps.
Ok. Also what I had meant by the recovery console. If you boot with the WinXP CD it will give you an option to reformat the drive or boot into the recovery console.

If your temps look good and your voltage rails are ok I would go into the recovery console. Select your OS drive. Then type:

chkdsk /p

That should force the HDD to replace any corrupted files.

HEY sententtail:

it seems to be working... i optimized the settings in the bios and im running alot faster im into windows and everything is working perfectly... thanks alot for being here with me on this 20min of fear journey... thanks alot...

the outcome of this all.. dont cancel anything while doing a dos operation and if you do wait till it quites on it self.. and if things come to worse restore all defaul settings in BIOS (F7) or enter the "Load fail-safe defaults"

Thanks again sententail...

But sententail..be back on this post in about 30min if you can... i'm going to try somethig here with my game CS:S

SNieX said:
But sententail..be back on this post in about 30min if you can... i'm going to try somethig here with my game CS:S
Err ill do what I can. Sadly I have school tommorow and it almost 11PM

Back