• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 results and feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

Just curious as to what kind of results you guys have gotten out of CH-5 chips. I'm running CH-5's at the moment on my A64 set up and I'm still running the 2-3-2-6 1T timings at 2.7 volts at 460mhz with absolutely no rrors or problems whatsoever. However I'm really limited to how high of a frontside bus I can go because of this ASUS board. Now how high of fsb (or A64 relative) have some of you guys gone on these chips. And by the way I'm swapping my K8N-E for a MSI K8N NEO platinum so I should get more DDR voltage options with this right?

I ran my CH5 at 2-2-2-11 daily with 3.3vdimm on my NF7, but it bottlenecked at around 220Mhz FSB. But then again, my NF7 ended up bottlenecking at the exact same speed with my gig of BH5, so I doubt it was the ram.

Can you tell what dates are on those chips? It seems like the newer ch-5 respond/scales better with add'l voltage than the older stuff. Some of the guys, both here and over at XS have reported in excess of 250, even 260, with higher voltages (3.4v-3.6v range) on A64 rigs.

Well I bought another set of CH-5 sticks (Kingston Hyper X) because 512mb wasn't cutting it and I needed a matched pair. I want to run 500mhz memory with good timings and somewhat low voltage pretty much 100% of the time. My processor will do 2.5ghz no sweat but my current ASUS board has a 2.8 volt limit on the ram. So far I've never maxed out my current CH-5 memory and maybe it will show some promise.

I ended up replacing my Corsair PC3200 value ram (CH5 chips) because they wouldnt run past 215 at 1:1 timings and 2.85v...and it really hurt my bandwidth running at 100Mhz on memory and 270FSB...sounds like you are having much better luck on your A64 with CH5's then I did...

The kingston value ram I have which has BH5's wont do past 235 because of the low voltage option the MSI has...and I really didnt want to get a booster...

BTW - they would do 230 at 8-4-4-3 on my locked 2500 barton and NF7 with only 2.8v...

Ran 3.0v, 233 fsb 2.5,2,2,x for ages... runs fine up to 240 2.5,2,2,x on 3.1v (that was on UI)
Just moved over to neo2 and need a ddr booster to get some decent voltage back again :(

So it sounds like everyone is having voltage issues with the Neo. Maybe I should get a lanparty...

Roids-A-Flamin' said:
So it sounds like everyone is having voltage issues with the Neo. Maybe I should get a lanparty...

Most of the Nforce 3's are the same, its not a massive issue to use the booster either tbh...

Roids-A-Flamin' said:

This is why most A64 owners are using TCCD...higher OC's with less voltage...

But I would requimend a NF4 board over a NF3 board...one simple fact is...the NF4's do not seem to have the issues most NF3's do when trying to run 300FSB/HT 1T 1:1...

i've got some ch-5 chips on my ram and im having a terrible time trying to oc my rig. dunno if it's the ram or the board but i can't seem to get anywhere with it.

Shuzzy said:
i've got some ch-5 chips on my ram and im having a terrible time trying to oc my rig. dunno if it's the ram or the board but i can't seem to get anywhere with it.

What volts and timings are you trying to run?

Highlander said:
What volts and timings are you trying to run?

bios tops out at 2.8v and i can't even get to 215mhz 2.5-3-3-6. defaults at 204mhz 2-3-2-5 with only 2.65v and runs perfect there. i dunno. :shrugs:

Here's what my CH-5 can do... it's OCZ PC3500EL. I took that screenie about 2 weeks ago, since then, I've gotten a new mobo (the NEO Plat burned out :argue: . I'm waiting on a pack of VRs to mod my psu so I can pump some more voltage to them :clap:

newoc.jpg

~3.3v, the msi board only went up to 2.85, and with the volt mod it could only go to 2.90, so I just put the 3.3v to the VDIMM loop.

Back