• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good in-expencive ram that oc's well?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

does such a thing exist?

i have been seeing posts about winbond chips and bh5 and d 12 to the tenth power and all sorts of werid numbers....so as usually i am confused off my ***....

i havent been looking at ram lately because well, the geil golden dragon i have is kick ***, but i am soon to bulid a new system so if some one could reccomend a few brands thats would be great. oh also i kinda want speeds between pc3700 or pc4000

i have herd good things about buffalo, but thats about it, also i like some gigaram i bought a while ago theyre a samsung brand, all of them are but i dont know if samsung makes the chips that are the "sh*t" any more.

it depends on what u are building. if its an a64 with the kick@ss nforce 4, get some memory based on the samsung tccd chips .the a64 loves it and all the boutique memory companies have it in one form or another..

oh yea, i'm lookin at a DFI NF4 UltraD and then giving the SLI mod a shot...if samsung is what it like i guessi could stick with gigaram....what other companies use samsung chips?....i dont know and cant find any thing thats why i ask

you want the memory with the hand picked tccd chips. such ocz pc3200 platinum rev2 2.2.2.5. or the pqi turbo 2.2.2.5 or the gskil pc4400 or the the komusa pc5000 hyperram. they all use tccd chips.

ok, $120 is a little maxed out for in-expencive ram but compared to the rest its about average....i noticed since i bought my geil golden dragon (2 x 512 @ $89 ea.) ram has gone up in price considerably but at the same time hard drives are freaking cheap

Edit:

what about ultra X? (saw a round up in another thread)

i just kinda want to stay with companies i know have been good with my stuff in the past

Might want to look at the Corsair value series or other memory not based on the Samsung TCCD chips. All the TCCD ram seem to be about 120 for 512mb.

Back