• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many types of TCCD? and which is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

The title said all. I havent been updated with memory technology for quite some time. I've heard TCCD is the top of the line now. And i search thro few brands offer TCCD, are they all the same chips(modules)? Or they have diff types?

Thanks

They have the 431 and the new 440 chips...the new 440 chips are the ones that have the best chance at hitting 300FSB/HT at 1:1 (if the MB and CPU will handle that)...also there is a new revision of the brain PCB which some companys are using now (a few are already redesigning the PCB for higher FSB/HT's at 1:1 timings...)

So if possible...try to find TCCD that has the new PCB brain and the 440 chips...I know for a fact the new LA's (right now) and the new LC's (when released) will be running the new redesigned PCB and have the TCCD 440 chips...Some LE's already have the 440 chips...but doesnt look like they have the new PCB yet...

Ultra High Performance Memory Roundup A64 Socket 939

"Corsair, G.Skill, and Geil are to be commended in coming out with products that do indeed clock the insane heights provided you have parts that won't limit that journey. PDP had a very good showing with near top overclocking level performance at bargain prices. While I can't say every set will do this, the price of admission might be worth the risk. OCZ turns in another excellent performance from their PC3200EL Rev2 kit reaching 273MHz at CL 2.5 3:3:10 timings.

A little birdie tells me that several manufacturers that were included in this roundup are researching/designing/implementing new PCBs for their memory modules to bring forth higher clocking DIMMs. (G. Skill already has the new set out already...as mentioned above the LA's...PC3200/PC4800 rated)

woah that ultra X was kickin ***....i know what i am gonna buy (i leik geil!)
gonna see how my gig of golden dragon will do on my NF2 Infinity first but i will definitly get ultra x for my NF4

Back