• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingston hyperx (bh-5) or kingmax pc4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

looking for cheap ram for amd64.... which of the would be better? the kingston khx3500 hyperx (bh-5) or the kingmax pc4000? i know that the kingmax can go to 245 htt.... not looking for much more than 240htt as i wanna get a 90nm 3500+.

It's also going into a msi neo2 plat or asus a8n sli

im in canada if that means anything with availability and suggestions... thanks!

BH-5 BH-5

up to 250mhz nothing beats it in my opinion.

PM me if you want to buy some.

musk

BH-5 is one of the only chips that can run solid 2-2-2 timings, but when you knock the FSB up that high it's a little different. they should still be able to push pretty high on the FSB. so 240 FSB and up seems awfully reasonable when you've got a good motherboard and processor. go for it!

you'll either have to do a mod on your mb or get a ddr booter to get the voltage up if you really want to tap into the potential of the BH-5..... unless of course you have a mb that can hit at least 3.2v on the vdimm......

Back