• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu database changes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

here here! I am glad to see those changes being implemented -
here is a better idea than even registering - becasue you can still bs and pollute the database even after that -

make everyone who is submitting a clockspeed provide a screenshot of cpu-z, the latest version, which has a hash that can be checked to see if it is legit. those can be posted in a single thread, no discussion, or emailed to a central point. no one can complin about htis, because cpu-z is free, and because you can take a screenshot for free via a program called hypersnap.

voila, no more bs, and finally, a legit basis to make purchasing decisions, and rank your efforts. :D :thup:

any mod with access to the algorithm program that would be able to decipher the hash. this is exactly how they do it over at xtreme no since they were getting so many jokers faking scores, even with screenshots. works like a charm. see a screenie with the new version of cpu-z, a mod checks it, and everyone knows it is 100% legit.

Who maintains the cpu database - it is refered to as though someone other than Joe, Ed, or Skip do so... I'd be interested to find out who is in charge of it.

Well, either way, I can't wait to see it cleaned up and me able to input my latest chips.

It is nice to see the effort going into it after being crapped on by so many.

I am glad to see some order being implemented to the database. I personally can't stand a liar.

i just signed up for it again.... waiting on that e-mail to reach me.... (man, it takes a while.... stupid INET is so SLOW)

***edit*** just got the e-mail... confirmed.... was going to add my CPU to the database, but it says that the function is not available yet.... came up with an error and an e-mail link to [email protected] ........ anyone else have this sorta error?

TollhouseFrank said:
i just signed up for it again.... waiting on that e-mail to reach me.... (man, it takes a while.... stupid INET is so SLOW)
Its not iNet.

It is the Overclockers.com team (JoeC, Ed, Skip).

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
oh yeah, that too!
that must be a joke to see who can spot the fakes...

Exactly :D

9mmCensor said:
30nm? I think not.

Thats a bad fakery

The point is screencaps are easily forged & by no means a solution to the problem. Don't forget the Family code, that its only seen as a XP2400+;)

yeah, and that only works in the llater versions. the previous ones can be patched. so long as only new version results are accepted, it will only be a small window between whne some jerk cracks the code (if they can) and everyone knows about it. over at xtreme, they generally want to see 3d, sandra, and otehr benchies, and if they are out of whack, they know somethign is up.

Why not limit it to forum members with a minimum post count? Make someone establish a certain amount of credibility before they can submit anything.

garste said:
Why not limit it to forum members with a minimum post count? Make someone establish a certain amount of credibility before they can submit anything.
Because its not forum exclusive and because the more results (accurate) the better it is.

Just seemed to me that the more accurate the results the better it is. Just a thought, not an argument.

I don't see why people even faked overclocks in the first place. The point of the database isn't to see who has the highest clocks, but to see which CPUs REALLY overclock the best.

because people suck sometimes. even ones with lots of posts.
if people really want accuracy, we are gonna need the screencaps, with the ability to check the hash. it does work.

Back