• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Samsung PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grand_Mufti

I've recently read that Samsung memory is of great quality and takes very well to over clocking. I then realized that I had Samsung memory and had just purchased an extra 512mb. I guess my goal would be to up my 333 to 400mhz. But I'm not really to sure about CAS latency or even how the memory works directly with the FSB. I am rather new to this. Here are my memory specs. Let me know if any of you have this particular model and if you have overclocked it and the results you encountered. Also, without heatsinking, will the ram be ok jumping from 333 to 400? Thanks.

KOREA 0405 C
PC2700U - 25331-2
M368L6423ETN - CB3
512MB DDR PC2700 CL2.5

NF7-S2G Mobo
Athlon XP 3000+
1Gb Samsung PC2700
Radeon 9800 PRO 128mb
160Gig 7200 RPM HD
:attn:

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Yea the sammie should be fine. And no you dont need any extra cooling to overclock it.

Just to start things off try softening the timings to 3-4-4 or something. Or you could just leave what you have currentally alone and keep pushing the bus up until you reach instability

welcome my friend. samsung pc2700 is of high quakity. if it is the e rev and ends tcb3 you amy be able to overclock it to ddr 500 speeds. hit it with 2.8 volts and see how well it does

It appears that you posted information off the label/sticker on the modules...please post all the information that is on the chips themselves as this will allow the guys (and gals...don't want to be accused of being sexist, do I?) to better help you with your overclock efforts. That is what flapper was referencing when he wrote about "rev e" and ending in "tcb3"

have some dtl(or m canne remeber) cb3 here, 256mb stick of sammy 2700, does 270+ fsb with 3,4,4,x timings on 3v :D

Most of the original PC3200 (400mhz) ram was just remarked Samsung 2700....should be fine. It's cas 2.5 according to your label so try 7-3-3-2.5, if that wont work you can always try 8-3-3-2.5

Well, here is the info you had requested... Each Stick has different info.

#1 SAMSUNG 404
K4H560838E - TCB3
BELH575AC KOREA

#2 SAMSUNG 440
K4H560838E - TCB3
H56 8 ZGUO31DA

Thanks... and by the way, thanks also for the warm welcome! :attn: Yea anyway... what really confuses me is CAS latency. From what I hear you can tweak it a billion different ways but I don't know the first thing about it. I have no idea what those numbers mean. 2.5-3-3-9? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!?! :confused: Yea. Thanks again.

Oh and i'd like to know what kind of motherboard you guys are running. What do you AMD guys think of the Abit NF7-S2?

Back