• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I get the wrong memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bounty29

memory.JPG

I ordered GBLE from newegg, the stickers on the ram say LE, as does my invoice and the packaging. Is this just a CPU-z error? I checked because I've hit a 250fsb wall w/ my 2.4c, and it seems that's almost always memory related. I paid a lot of money for this ram, why is it giving me attitude :mad:

That looks about right for good TCCD. At this point you are gonna need to up the volts. Pent4s are known to have *issues* with Samsung TCCD. Either way its a good set of RAM but you *should* have been warned that you wont match A64 clocks on it :(

TCCD works great with A64s and QUITE poorly with Pent4s

What kind of ram can consistently run 275mhz 1:1? Should I expect more out of this ram? Thanks for the quick reply :)

bounty29 said:
What kind of ram can consistently run 275mhz 1:1? Should I expect more out of this ram? Thanks for the quick reply :)
your ram should be able to, but most of the ram these days are tweaked for a64's.... is it totally out of the question to switch to amd?

What is your question exactly? That is G.skill PC-4400, LE's that are rated at 2.5-3-3-7-1T. Mine looks exactly the same as that.

bobmanfoo: Yes, it is. I just finally got this system together and I had never seen anything saying how the TCCD was AMD biased. My next rig will be AMD, but that won't be around for a long time. I'm just a lowly high school student working part time :p

Sucka: That's what I wanted to know, but I have a new question...

What can I expect out of this ram? I know for a fact my processor is stable up to 271fsb, but I cant run 1:1 past about 250. Any tips? If this won't do the job, what ram will? Thanks for everyone's help. If I set my ram to higher than 250mhz, sometimes when I boot my mouse will not work, and if it does, it is not stable at all.

I have heard that TCCD doesn't play very nice with Intel, but i really don't know the details on that. This memory certainly can handle the MHz. For 275, it shouldn't need more than 2.7v, 2.5-3-3-7 timings. Without knowing all your BIOS settings, cooling, ect, i really couldn't help much. Feel free to ask though, i'm quite fimiliar with Intel as well.

Bounty29, Don't let these Amd freaks roufle your feathers like that :mad:

Owning a A64 is like having a Mclaren F1 sitting your driveway sure you can drive it on the road but the speed limit is 32bit HA..HA HA.. Once a 64bit OS comes out then consider it. but Intel will "promise" lay the smack down when that day comes with a dual core 64bit processor running on a windows 64bit os. That is if CELL doesn't rewrite everything that we have know and come to love about x386.

I do have a 2.4c "check my sig" I am also looking into getting some G-skill LE 2x512 matched set. I'm more into maximum cpu speed over throughput, So I focus on 5:4 rather than 1:1. My 2.4 will do 320fsb post but will not boot due to my current memory.

I've been scouring for the real differances between the following G-Skill memories.

Model F1-3200DSU2 2x512 PC4400 2.5-4-4-8
uses 431 modules $232.99

Model F1-3200DSU2 2x512 PC4400 2.5-4-4-8
uses 431 modules $242.99

Model F1-3200DSU2 2x512 PC4400 2.5-3-3-7 2x512 uses 437 "said new batch is 440"

Now I just want to get my cpu @ 3.6+ so I will need a 300fsb. Now 1:1 the memory will be at 300x2=DDR600, and 5:4 240x2=480. Now I know I can do 3.6ghz with what I currently have but the geil just dies even at 3.2v no matter what settings. So in reality I'm after the ellusive 3.8ghz that is a 317fsb, and this gskill will not do that 1:1 but will it do it 5:4? 317=253.6x2=507.2. Hmm. Now this leads me to beleive that the memory has 42.8mhz head till it hits what it is rated @ PC4400 DDR550. So say I do 5:4 and try to get max rated from the memory at whatever voltage up to 3.2v and whatever memory timings.
343fsb
That would be a 2.4c @ 4116ghz and the memory @ 343 5:4=274 "DDR548"

That is just what I"m figuring with my AI7 and P4 2.4c and the way I can get it to run now. I will be watercooling it if I can hit 3.8+.

but I just can't decide on the memory to go with out of the 3 types considering I'm not going to be shooting for a 1:1 ratio so then the it wouldn't matter considering that I'm just going to be sitting within the DDR550 speed when I'm at 5:4. So I'm leaning towards the LD as it's the cheapest and uses the same modules and timings as the LC.

What do you guys think about this? Hope it gives you some ideas Bounty29 on what you can do with what you have instead of jumping ship and going with a A64. and having to load a drive for the cpu to work nice with the os :D LOL

obviously you are not in the know.... load a drive? what drive?
Do you mean "obviously you are not in the now? as in 64bit?

Last amd 64 system I worked on you had to load a driver for the cpu to work properly with windows.

And I've owned my fair share of amd systems including a dual xp on a tyan 2460.

There ya go amd boy trying to roufle the feathers :clap:

Jackyl said:
Do you mean "obviously you are not in the now? as in 64bit?

Last amd 64 system I worked on you had to load a driver for the cpu to work properly with windows.

And I've owned my fair share of amd systems including a dual xp on a tyan 2460.

There ya go amd boy trying to roufle the feathers :clap:
where does all this fanboy stuff come from? notice you are the only one that brings it up son
i don't have to load any kind of drivers for my cpu to work, my bros s754 doesn't need any drivers to work, to think that a64s are good for only 64bit is ludacris and your analogy of it is less than excellent, and don't be so bitter and jealous mk? now run along and get that killer fps with your superior rig

Easy now, your getting bent because something said something containing the letters A.M.D......

Back to the subject though G Skill memory and intel based boards, was it a worth getting the LE or is the LC or LD going to do the same thing.

Jackyl said:
Bounty29, Don't let these Amd freaks roufle your feathers like that :mad:

Owning a A64 is like having a Mclaren F1 sitting your driveway sure you can drive it on the road but the speed limit is 32bit HA..HA HA.. Once a 64bit OS comes out then consider it. but Intel will "promise" lay the smack down when that day comes with a dual core 64bit processor running on a windows 64bit os. That is if CELL doesn't rewrite everything that we have know and come to love about x386.

LOL, good stuff. :rolleyes:

Yeah as to the subject, most of the reviews I've seen TCCD's always clock higher on Athlon 64's. :(

So then if you have an A64 get the LA's or LE's but if you have an intel get the LC's or the LD's as your still going to do 285fsb with the LC"s or LD's just not 390+ like the LC's and LE's on an amd machine? From the reviews that I have read about these sticks, on an intel you should be able to at least get 285fsb 1:1 if you have a "lucky" P4.

I'm probably just going to end up getting the LE or LD due to the cost and I'll be running 5:4 anyways to get a higher cpu clock.

bounty29:

G. Skill Forum

PM or start a thread asking Jack for some help...a few other intel owners has issues running past 250 also...had them talk to Jack at G. Skill forum and now they are running at 270 - 290 1:1 with the LE's...

Jackyl said:
I'm probably just going to end up getting the LE or LD due to the cost and I'll be running 5:4 anyways to get a higher cpu clock.

Do not get the LD's...those are 6-3-3-2 PC3200 and most have issues getting over 280...at least get the LC's...

I started a thread, I'm still waiting for a reply. Also it's between the LC's and the LE's I guess. but for the most part even at 1:1 I would max out at 3480mhz with my 2.4c. and I know it can do 3.8 with memory that will allow that so I'll probably just end up running 5:4. 1:1 is great for throughput but you really throttle back your cpu power when you run 1:1, unless you have ram that will do at least 300 and then some to unleash it. I want to hit 3.8+ I 3.9 last night :D on AIR. So I'm not after 1:1, I'm just after DDR512+ to get 3.9 or maybe if I'm lucky DDR265 would net me 4ghz :D Then it's time to break out the watercooling gear :D

So I'm just waiting to see what jack has to say or for newegg to get the LE's in stock. But if I can't wait I'll get the LC's. I know that the LC's and the LE's will do at least 285 on 865/875 boards! So Bounty29, Feed it some more volts and see what happens. I heard the G-Skill memory is very low votage stuff so 2.8 should be enough to get the maxx out of it..

i'd spend the extra money on the LE's since it can't hurt, who knows maybe you'll need them later ;)

285FSB 1:1 ? Ever try to see what you can do 5:4 ?

I'm holding off for the LE's who knows maybe they will have 440's and not 437's. But what does this pictures look like to you guys?

But the reviews that I have seen on the dual channel pc4400 LE kit shows 431 modules not the 437's like newegg. anyone know anything about this ?

20-231-006-01.JPG

Back