• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What The Hell Is Wrong With My Computer #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JacobM

Registered
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ok first of all this is my dads computer and well lets just say hes got the worst anti-virus and firewall and anti-spyware programs and he dont believe me he just sticks with his programs witch are Norton Anti-Virus 2003 Professional Edition....No Firewall and Spybot Search & Destroy and hes got just the normal System Tools and Normal Defragmenter His computer has alot better things than mine dose and mines going faster what i got is AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and i got ZoneAlarm Firewall and ive Got bot Spybot Search & Destroy and Giant Anti-Spyware and ive got Diskeeper Professional Edition and Tuneup Utilities 2004 and my computers working fine....and im thinking my dads computer has the shutdown virus cuz it will shut itslef down while playing a game ext.. but if its not that than i dont know what it is and its been real laggy lately so if anybody can help me out id really appreciate it Thanks :santa2: cuz me and my dad been fighting about wether he should get new programs and stuff Thanks yall :) .

Just " fix" his comp while he is away :clap: :clap: Then run really fast :rolleyes: :rolleyes: after a few days of him being mad at you he will see how much better his comp runs
:attn:

you got to show him who's boss :), and i'll tell you that he's boss lol. just kidding, what i wold do is give the computer a complete format, slap on zone alarm and you're ok. The problem with alot of people is that they likes to run virus protecting program and not firewall, basicly they like to take out the virus after it's in there computer, and all i got to say is "why?", just run zone alarm and prevent the virus from entering your computer in the first place, no need to take them out because they'll never get in. I've been running zone alarm pro for many years, i haven't caught a virus yet, although i did catch the msblaster once :_

Back