• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NF4 Ultra-D and A-Data HyperRam pc4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Hey guys, i have a couple of a-data hyperram pc4200 512mb sticks... Im afraid the dfi mobo wont like them so im thinking about selling them and getting a couple of ocz vx

Is it worth to switch? Im not exactly a tight-timings-tard so as long as my current ram can hold up to 266MHz FSB with crap timings (3-4-4-8) ill be happy....

anybody got any experience on the issue?

should i upgrade just for the timings?

whats the point of swtiching to VX if you are not a "tight-timings-tard"? i don't see any reason for you getting the VX, why not some tccd instead?

i might join the tight timings tard if the performance boost is worth the hassle. i havent seen a sizeable boost but i would like to be proved wrong, specialy now that people say in a64 timings dont matter that much anymore

flapperhead said:
have u tried em out!! maxvala got 301 on a (754) outta one 256 module..

so i must take positive that nf3 likes the hynix chips my memory has... hmmm thats good news...

suddenly im back to the predicament: a64 3000 or 3200?

well, i asked in the memory section wether the timings are worth it, and tight timings vs lagged timings where worth 1000+ points in 3dmark2k1 (which is very cpu dependant)

im starting to consider the ocz vx seriously...

Back