• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Value Ram help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squirtle632

I bought some PC3200 Value Ram, installed it with default settings on my Asus P4P800 MB.
Booted into Memtest 1.5 and immediatly got 320 errors.
Went back into BIOS and set voltage to 2.65 volts on memory.
Tested for 3 hours and 5 complete passes WITHOUT errors.

What gives?

Old Kingston 2*256 PC3200 worked when I had it all set to default.

Thanks for help

squirtle632 said:
I bought some PC3200 Value Ram, installed it with default settings on my Asus P4P800 MB.
Booted into Memtest 1.5 and immediatly got 320 errors.
Went back into BIOS and set voltage to 2.65 volts on memory.
Tested for 3 hours and 5 complete passes WITHOUT errors.

What gives?

Old Kingston 2*256 PC3200 worked when I had it all set to default.

Thanks for help

What is default volts for the memory? 2.65v is next to nothing for memory, i wouldn't worry about it.

squirtle632 said:
Default is 2.6 but the thing is that I never ahd to raise voltage before
Not complaining just wondering why

I think the problem was, it wasn't getting enough voltage :D

Pump some more into it, and clock that stuff now :p

What chips are on your value ram...because my Kingston PC3200 value ram is 2.65v default...(1G DC kit)

What do you mean by removing the chips :confused:...I hope you mean remove the memory sticks from the dimm slots ;)

squirtle632 said:
LOL
of course :roflmao:

Sorry...just had to make sure because this was like dejavu...someone posted almost word for word like you did a year or so back and I said yes take the chips out and write down the numbers...well they physically tried to take the chips out and ruined both PC3500 EL sticks they had...

Not knocking you at all...just feel better to make things a little clearer now on my side ;)

Back