• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Centon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electrorcamd

Does anybody use Centon memory? I have the Dual channel kit of Centon Gemini PC3200 (2x256) and mostly like it. It has timings of 8-3-3-3 at 200MHz, but runs fine at 6-3-3-3. I could get it up to about 229 with poor timings @ 2.5 volts, but it wasn't very stable.

Does anybody else use Centon RAM, and do you like it or not?

Thanks

uh, 3-3-3-8 is pretty poor to begin with, how loose did you have to make it for 229?
and 2.5v? push it to 2.9 if you can...

The board only goes up to 2.7v for the memory. For 229, I think I had to use around 11-5-5-5. Right now I am running 211 at 6-3-3-3 and 2.5v.

Edit:
It's running 11-3-3-3, and am back down to 200. I tried running 214 and it resulted in a BSOD after a while (luckily I didn't lose any folding progress).

Last edited:
electrorcamd said:
The board only goes up to 2.7v for the memory. For 229, I think I had to use around 11-5-5-5. Right now I am running 211 at 6-3-3-3 and 2.5v.

Edit:
It's running 11-3-3-3, and am back down to 200. I tried running 214 and it resulted in a BSOD after a while (luckily I didn't lose any folding progress).
not the best results...you need more volts...or better ram

It was about 100 dollars, then 2 mail in rebates to bring the cost down to about 65 dollars (impulse purchase). Once I finish folding this wu, I will put it to about 2.7v and about 221 or so.

Should I trust Sandra's memory bandwidth or pcpitstop.com 's memory speed? In Sandra I only get about 2800MB/s, while on pcpitstop I get about 4400MB/s. Which one should I trust more? I am running it in dual channel.

Thanks

electrorcamd said:
It was about 100 dollars, then 2 mail in rebates to bring the cost down to about 65 dollars (impulse purchase). Once I finish folding this wu, I will put it to about 2.7v and about 221 or so.

Should I trust Sandra's memory bandwidth or pcpitstop.com 's memory speed? In Sandra I only get about 2800MB/s, while on pcpitstop I get about 4400MB/s. Which one should I trust more? I am running it in dual channel.

Thanks
hmm, im leaning towards sandra, i trust that. but that is a bit low, are you sure it's DC?

CPU-Z says Dual for channel number, and on bootup it says DDR Dual Channel. The reason I am questioning Sandra is that the scores are about the same as when I had PC2700 running at 181/362 (don't remember the timings).

I had a 512 stick of Centon Ram... It threw me Memtest errors withing 5 minutes at stock settings.

I returned that and got me another stick of Mushkin... I love this stuff.

I don't get any memtest errors until I oc pretty high with it, plus I can't return this now. I installed Everest Home edition and used its RAM benchmark, and it was about the same as Sandra's. Why are these programs showing my RAM as being so slow, while it gets decent scores on pcpitstop's tests?

Thanks

i got a centon stick rated at 3200 @ 2.5 CL, it works fine, but even at 166mhz it can't do 2 CL. i'm kindda ****, but i only paid 60 for it (plus there's a 40 dollar rebate) so if i get the rebate back, it's only 20, also an impluse purchase :)

Back