• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem accessing secured pages and sending email in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

So one day I connect to my school's wireless network and try to check my bank balance. Funny, after putting in my password it just sits there and then tells me the page cannot be displayed. I then try to log in to LexisNexis for some research and same thing happens. Then I try to send an email with Outlook and it hangs on sending file. Funny thing is I can receive email just fine. Basically, I can't log into various secure pages, and can't send email. BUT ONLY when I'm connected through the law tower's wireless network. Everything works fine everywhere else. Everything used to work and I can't think of anything I changed to mess anything up. Any ideas?

Well the security options for the internet can be accessed under tools>options>advanced and near the bottom there should be several options to do with security. Make sure that both SSL 3.0 and 2.0 are enabled.

Back