• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could It Be An Audio Codec Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I recieved an e-mail about some new updates on Windows Update for XP there was about 9 anyways I restarted & then checked the Custom Install section. It then said there was a new Audio Codec update available now last time I install this was about a year ago it stuffed up my Nvmixer (soundstorm). I know it belongs to the Unfied Driver nVidia supplies but the latest version 5.10 for nForce2 motherboard is still out. And I have that could nVidia be releasing a new driver but not yet put it up on there site?

NEWS JUST IN:

I tried this new audio codec as it updates the driver to the nForce Audio codec and MCP hardware. Now it lowers the DSP by 13% from 53% on my PC but it takes away all the sound environments and equiler settings. So be warned if you want to install it

Last edited:
Yeah no problems with roll backing I did that after finding out that the equlizer presets had been taken away and you couldn't change the frequency's etc. I've no idea if thats what it's supposed to do this driver or not but I'm back to the old drivers for it which came with 5.10.

Back