• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LE vs LA....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jackyl

Arrgh, newegg has the 2x512 LA's in stock for 292.99 but no LE's "262.99" yet. and it's very tempting to get the LA's but I really don't think that they are going to be all that much better over the LE's....

that DDR600 spec is nice to see but with 3-4-4-8 timings would it even be worth it at a 300fsb? and can they do it on intel?

Any idea's guys? Between the LE's vs LA's ?

I really want to buy this memory but I looking for something firm to go on. as in the LE's are better bang for the buck over the LA's or don't waste the money on either just get the LC's as I'm running intel and it'll be a better match??

I've got the LA's. I wouldn't pay attention to the 3-4-4-8 timings. They run fine at 2.5-4-4-7 on my DFI board. I don't, however, think this is as easy to achieve on an intel rig. No bias here, they just seem to perform better on AMD platforms.

-Collin-

That is what I'm trying to figure out. If it's worth the extra cash for the LA's for use in a intel system. Would the LC's or LE's be just as good given the cost differeance and know issues with the gskill on the intel platforms.

I think they are way over priced, and therefore no, not worth it. They have the same memory chips as the LC's/LE's and so on, but they are tested to run at DDR600. That is what you are paying for, the fact that G.Skill is gauranteeing them to run at that speed. To me, I wish I would have bought the cheaper ones and taken a chance.

Maybe you should look at the Patriot XBL sticks for $220. I have those in my sig.

-Collin-

soo ok, are these even slightly better then the LE's?? for an amd64 3200winny, with msi k8n neo2, i need the BEST ram, and im willing to spend that much easily. Expecially since its in stock, LMK.

What FSB or HTT speed are you trying to run? If it isn't over 275mhz, then I think you will be wasting your money. If you are trying to hit 300mhz, then that extra money will gaurantee the ram isn't your limiting factor.

-Collin-

ok, so this ram is better then the le's correct?

ps, does the 3200winny have a fsb "speed breaker", ie, a barrior thats hard to break.

Last edited:
Back