• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory company liable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

So this is just a question. Now I have two sets of memory. Both containing CH-5 chips and both PC3200. One is corsair and the other is Kingston. Now the problem is that the Kingston will not run the factory default 2-3-2-6 1T timings at 400mhz. In fact I have to run 2.5-3-3-8 2t in order for it to run 400mhz. The corsair runs its factory rated timings flawlessly up to 460mhz however. The set is brand spanking new. However the kingston set is 2x512 as supposed to the 2x256 corsair. Is kingston in any way liable to replace my ram with ones that will actually run to spec? Heres what ram it is specifically.

KHX3200AK2/1GR 2.6v

if the kingston is still in warranty...call kingston and have them replace them for you...Kingston replaced some PC100 memory for me last year...it was almost 3yrs old and they didnt even question the RMA...asked what the problem was...explained to them what it was and what I had done to test the stick...few minutes later she had them RMA taken care of and was shipped overnight with a return shipping label for the old memory...

I even stated that is was not a rush RMA and they could take there time in shipping it...

The caveat here is if they were sold as single sticks and not a dual channel set, and they will do the advertised timings in single channel mode. If they were sold singly and they do do the timings singly then you might not have a case :(

Otherwise, RMA it up.

Road Warrior

Well, on a positive note, Kingston is by far the best company I've ever dealt with when it comes to warranty and RMA. Trust me, they really want you to be happy with their memory. Call them up, what can it hurt?

-Collin-

ya, i had this exact same thing happen to me, i just called kingston, told them it wouldn't run stable at advertised speed, and they sent me a brand new kit.

The new chips were better, but I could never OC them very much. I went with OCZ recently, and I must say, ..WOW, what a huge difference it made with my OC.

Yeah something is seriously wrong with this ram. Won't run 1T for the life of it. I have to run 2.5-3-3-8. My corsair with the same chips goes 230fsb with 2-3-2-6 1T flawlessly. I've already contacted kingston and I'm going to ship the ram out to them.

Back