• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with OCZ Platinum memory please read this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TurboLaxx

Registered
I am currently having problems with my OCZ memory timings. I have OCZ PC-3200 Platinum EL (2-3-2-5). I have to bump the timing to 3-4-4-10 with a 9/10 divider so it will boot into windows around 2300 Mhz. That sounds pretty bad and high. I just want anyone and everyone to please post their Bios settings of all their memory timings. I am having big problems with mine. All i want out of my computer is 2500 Mhz. If no one here helps me i'll be willing to sell my memory so i can buy pc-4200 to forgo the aggrivation of memory timings.

The more posts the more i'll learn. All i really want are the 4 memory timings, the voltage, and if anything else has been changed from AUTO. Thanks.

Welcome :)

First of all...what voltages are you trying...the EL's are BH-5 which needs high voltage to get high and tight OC's...talking 3.0v +...so if you can not set your memory to 2.9v or higher in the BIOS...this could be why you are having issues...

i ran it at max 3.3 volt. It only showed about 3.12 in the bios for some reason.

WELCOME to the FORUMS

TurboLaxx said:
I am currently having problems with my OCZ memory timings. I have OCZ PC-3200 Platinum EL (2-3-2-5). I have to bump the timing to 3-4-4-10 with a 9/10 divider so it will boot into windows around 2300 Mhz.
It sounds like you are running you're memory so far out of spec that the board is compensating for the high frequency on the memory.The memory needs to be around 400 mhz or less to get really tight timmings.How about 5/3 or 6/4 setting to run you're CPU higher than memory with the divider available in the board.I hope this helped.

MassRaptor

i've got the same memory and chip you do.

first off the memory most likely uses ch-5 chips, not bh-5. dunno why your having so much trouble, but you may first off want to try flashing your bios to the latest version.
i was having problems at first as well until i flashed my bios as well.

while i can't give you any info on how the ram should run at higher voltage i can tell you i have found mine runs comfortable at 230mhz 2.5-3-3-6 with 2.8v. now your probably gonna have to drop the multiplier on your chip in order to do this. mine is at 10.5 which makes my processor run at 2417mhz. i know my setup will go higher, but right now im letting it settle in at these speeds before i push it further.

hope this helps you somewhat, good luck. :thup:

Back