• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI's NF4 board with OCZ VX or G. Skill memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZenTrickz

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what maybe the better choice.
Pairing one of these two memories with the new DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4" and a Winchester 3200+

G.skill 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-4400, Model LE
OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Gold Series / Voltage eXtreme

I'm not exactly sure what kind of results I would get with the two different models. I heard OCZ ram is capable of roughly 260fsb with 2-2-2 timings. But the G. Skill I heard I can get 275fsb at 2.5-3-3 timings. I'm not sure how the peformance would work out with a Winny 3200+? Anyone have an idea of what would be the safer bet.

Something you might take into concideration

If the winnie has a good memory controller...the NF4 will be able to hit 300HT dual channel at 1:1 settings unlike the NF3's where a lot of them have issues running in dual channel past 295 1:1...So the 40+HT higher will make up for the losse of tight timings at lower settings...in both bandwidth and latency with TCCD memory

Now...I would have to say OCZ in your case...just because G. Skill has no Canadan retailers right now...

With a 3200 winny you want Gskill. Shoot for the High FSB the ram will make your system shine! If you had a 3500 though, IMO, tight latency ram with a higher multiplier is better.

Back