• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these TCCD chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Graphicism said:
2-3-2-5-T1 - no
2-2-2-5-T1 - yes
Correct. Most likely what he (you) has listed is either going to be Infineon or Mosel. Cant say for sure which it is but it is definatly NOT Tccd

Look for 2-2-2-5 latancies and the model ending with XBLK.
I believe they are out of stock at newegg.

*Edit*
Wow!
Newegg don't have them listed!

I have always seen PC3200 TCCD listed at 2-2-2-5, however the higher speed TCCD (4400 for example) may not do 2-2-2-5 at 200mhz. If you plan to overclock then yes, there's a big difference. At stock speeds there's not. I haven't read a review on the overclock on this particular Patriot TCCD. Try a Google search to see what you come up with. GSkill also reportedly makes some good TCCD ram that's a little more reasonable than the rest. Don't go for the HyperX 3200ULK as it's not up to the rest of the class. I believe the Patriot is the least expensive you'll find, but by all means check it all out for yourself. If you see something post it here and I'm sure several people will give you their opinions. Good luck.

It would run without a matched pair but I doubt it would overclock very well. There is something to the matched sets besides just an extra price.

I've got Patriots XLBK, and it is pretty damn awesome. I never had BH5, but it is certainly the best ram I've ever had or even experienced.

Back