• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok to defrag with Zone alarm running?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wont hurt, but programs that are running will be ignored by defrag and wont be moved. Once in a while it's a good idea to close as many programs and services as possible and run defrag to get a better disk cleanup.

Or do a reboot defragment. Where it defragments prior to entering windows.

Yes that is the best way, but I didn't think the windows defrag supports that. I use Diskeeper to do this on all my systems and not only defrags the entire disk but directories as well. Diskepper also allows scheduling of defrags during the night on a daily bases and the server version will run over a network to defrag all comps in the group.

Yeah I am pretty sure the basic windows degraf only supports defraging. It can also very easly be inturupted by running programs though i think Za would be fine. I use disk keeper which is nice because it auto defrags on a timer and once a week does a offline defrag. You may want to check it out.

Back