• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G skill LA's vs LE's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gullyrip

Registered
I ordered the LA's for my Neo 2 platinum what are the differences between those and the LE's.

The LA's are PC3200/PC4800 rated...the LE's are PC3200/PC4400 rated

LA = best 512 dual channel kit
LE = best 1G dual channel kik

the LA 1G DC kits are 2T rated, not 1T rated like the 512 DC kits and the 1G LE kits...

damn, i got the 1gb kit. so what does this mean? should i cancel the order?

Well I just ordered a the LE's 2x512 from newegg "finally got more in" and I was going to get the LA's but for the 40bucks more I didn't feel that I was going to get 40bucks more performance on intel. The LE's were more than what I wanted. I was going to get the LC's but I figure for 20bucks that's reasonable for the LE's price differeance.

I'll post as soon as I get them. I sure hope that they do better than my Geil Golden Dragon Pc3500 does "see sig"

I had the same question too, can la be forced to t1? if not forget it! also what is stock la timing at pc4800? if its 3-4-4-8 forget it, the le is much better. 2.5-3-3-x at t1 and 275fsb will slaughter 3-4-4-8 t2 at 300+ anyday

ok I am going with the le, its much better. $30 cheaper, 2.5-3-3 and t1 timing. The la does do 300fsb(if your ondie controller is good enough) but at 3-4-4 and t2 it would be way slower than the le. 2x256mb arent an option for me as I need the gig for gaming. so its either I keep my patriot and hope it does high when I get venice or get gskill which most likley will just be wasted with the winchester till I go venice. I could wait till I go venice but wont gskill be like $400 by then?

Overclocker550 said:
ok I am going with the le, its much better. $30 cheaper, 2.5-3-3 and t1 timing. The la does do 300fsb(if your ondie controller is good enough) but at 3-4-4 and t2 it would be way slower than the le. 2x256mb arent an option for me as I need the gig for gaming. so its either I keep my patriot and hope it does high when I get venice or get gskill which most likley will just be wasted with the winchester till I go venice. I could wait till I go venice but wont gskill be like $400 by then?

who runs at stock timings? if they could make ram run at 300mhz fsb 1t in every computer it would be rated as such. they cannot because they would get a ton of RMAs. if you would bother to check out the results @ xs you would know that they do 2.5-3-3-7 1t just fine.

I checked message boards, the 1gb stick of LA usually does not do T1 command rate nor 2.5-3-3-x timings unless you overclock the ram, why should I when the LE does better at tigher timing? I think my chances are much better with the LE plus its cheaper.

Overclocker550 said:
I checked message boards, the 1gb stick of LA usually does not do T1 command rate nor 2.5-3-3-x timings unless you overclock the ram, why should I when the LE does better at tigher timing? I think my chances are much better with the LE plus its cheaper.

try reading them this time :mad:

LA is more expensive and marginally better

bah, sorry,

Crimedog, woof!

The amd crowd, every dog has it's day :D woof....

As for me, yeah dog, I'm after about 267fsbx2=DDR534. Wouldn't be bad for a 1:1 3.2ghz oc. should hit 6k with that easily as I've seen 6 with my geil not stable of course. But for the most part I'm going to start with 1:1 then see what the cap is but more important I'm after the ilusive 4ghz on air with the 2.4c...... wish me luck, as that is what I wish the rest of ya!

Sorry again about the previous post. I started a LEvsLA thread. though this was it, sorry. :beer:

Last edited:
jackyl, i'm going to assume the reason you were recommended the lower models for intel is because you cannot crank up your fsb like the amd64's (basically unlimited.) your board is going to max out where the amd64's start getting warmed up :D

you want to choose ram on your setup, which can be limited by volts, fsb ceiling, compatibility, etc. i'm afraid i don't know much about intel overclocking. however judging from your sig you want some good tccd that'll do 267mhz 2.5-3-3-7. Either the LE or LA should do that with ease, assuming there aren't any conflicts with your board :)

btw you didn't start this thread :confused:

Back