• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go Folder Go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pappasmurf

Registered
Hi

I am on Windows2k
i made this folder in c:\ in which i had some arb files in
time to get rid of folder and files inside, i could delete files and folder but each time i reboot there is that damn folder (all files in it are deleted - so its an empty folder)
Have tried Dr Delete, and still after reboot there is this empty

any help would be appreciated at getting rid of this ..

How did you create it? Are you sure there are no hidden files in the folder? Have you tried to delete it in DOS (I know, sounds crazy)

Close all open programs, and click Start | Run | Type taskmgr.exe and click OK. Leave Task Manager open, and click Start | Run | Type cmd and click OK. Leave the Command Prompt window open, go to Task Manager and click the "Processes" tab; "End Process" on "Explorer.exe". Go to the Command Prompt window and navigate to the file that you'd like to delete, and enter del <filename>. Go back to Task Manager | Click "File" | New-->Task | Enter explorer.exe to restart the GUI.

The following MSKB article may also be of some help to you...

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder on an NTFS file system volume

or on the shutdown screen hold ctrl+shift+alt and click cancel. open up a cmd prompt through the task manager and delete the folder this way.

Back