• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

I have Mozilla 1.7.3 on my PC and I put Firefox on my mums. Firefox has a great search bar that I can't find for Mozilla anywhere. What are the differences of these two. I thought it was just Firefox was a cut down version, but its seems more different then that. Should I put Firefox on instead of Mozilla, or can Mozilla have all the same stuff (where cat I get IT!?) Thanks

You can search in Mozilla by typing your word in the address bar and then push the down arrow. You should get a search option.

Well I have never used mozilla but have been using firefix/firebird for a long time now and love it. I thought pretty much same thing as you though, I thought it was pretty much just a cut down version of mozilla. I also thought it was kind of a beta of mozilla. I may be wrong. Any way if you have no problams with plug ins maybe stay with mozilla. And try to google mozilla extensions/plug-ins.

The thing i like about firefox is you can pick differnt searchs, like you can sreach ebay... just would like that, If i were to change over, should i just uninstall mozilla and install firefox?

I use Mozilla on my OS9 box
Firefox on everything else.

Firefox just rocks, its fast, hackable, TABS!!!.

Where would I be without tabs?!

Windows Taskbar Item Grouping Hell, that's where I'd be!

-Sam

firefox is great and all... but you will have your bookmarks completely disappear and all your prefernces gone (completely resets for some reason). this is a known problem now and starting to steer me away from ff. you can just as easily get a good search function using google toolbar.

Banyan said:
firefox is great and all... but you will have your bookmarks completely disappear and all your prefernces gone (completely resets for some reason). this is a known problem now and starting to steer me away from ff. you can just as easily get a good search function using google toolbar.

That has never happened for me once, and I have been using firefox for well over a year now. If you are worried about your bookmarks, then back them up once a week/month/year.

I have tried to get "google toolbar" too many times now. All sites I goto seem to ither say "it already has it! get the latest version" or "the google toolbar is only for FireFox" Can someone get me a link to the download??

Back