• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
(The thread is about the stuff in my sig)
I've been doing some overclocking tests lately and today I was about to test my hyperx3200 at 215fsb [email protected]. No stability issues in windows. Prime95 for 1.5 hour. Should have done more, but I'm trying to find the the higest bootable fsb.
Booted up memtest86+ v1.20 from the newest knoppix cd.
It fails in test 3(8bit pattern) at the same spot each time. I tried lowering to fsb200 with same timings, note that the memory is rated 2-3-2-6, It still fails at the same spot. Tried again with a 9 as multi to rule out the cpu as a source of error. Test 3 fails gain. Same spot.
The memory get passed test 3 with stock settings(166fsb)...
Is it time to use that life time warranty?
Returning the memory will leave me with some old crappy memory for atleast two weeks.
Could it be a conflict between the board and the mem?
Some advice from you memory experts please

Your memory should have no problems running at 200mhz, and if you lower your multi the cpu won't be a proplem.

Does that mobo have the ultra 400 chipset, or is it an older one that was only rated at 333? If your mobo doesn't have the ultra 400 it may be the problem. Otherwise, I would set the fsb to 200 and the ram timmings to stock (by spd), put all the voltages at stock, lower the multi down so the cpu is fine, and test it. If you do get errors, it is probably the memory. You can try swaping out other memory or changing channels to narrow down exactly what is wrong.

I have the ultra400 version. I can run 200 with 2-3-3-11, at least benchmark stable(as I said haven't bothered doing a 12h run of prime). When I bought this memory I thought I bought quality high end stuff. Those chips where rated [email protected]. I'm running them on 2.7v. I know some chips don't like voltage, but 2.7(board max :() should work on everything. Right?
Have to do some major testing when I get home from work.
I've heard that there was some issues with hyperx and nforce2. Does this still apply? (I have the lates bios for my board).

Isn't it typical. It seems like I have gotten a good version of the k7n2d-l as many complain that they can't get past 210 fsb. I can.. Jippiii, but there is no point when my mem isn't 100% perfect,even at 200 with relaxed timings. :bang head :

I have an nForce board with HyperX (2X256 + 1X512) and it runs fine. My timings are 2-3-3-8 at 1t and stck voltage. Also, the HyperX doesn't mind the voltage as I run it at 2.65v on my Neo2. It's not the best ram out there, but it is decent. After all it is the cheapest of the so called quality ram.

Do you have the 3200A or AK version? I have the A (or was it AK?) version and I read somewhere in a chip identify guide that those sticks had ch5 in them.

Regarding price... Currently the UL version(suppose to have TCCD) is cheaper than what I paid for mine 8 months ago... In fact, all the 256mb chips that is suppose to have TCCd in them is cheaper than my 3200A... :bang head:
I haven't done anymore testing yet cuz I'm enjoying a couple of nightcaps right now and I never do stuff to my main rig when I'm drinking.

I have 3200A HyperX and yes the price has gone down a lot in the last few months. I here it should still go down a bit more. My ram from 2003 will clock to 220fsb with looser timings. I run my asus a7n8x xp2500 based system at 11X 195 with all stock voltages. Hence, my ram is underclocked. However, I have experimented with it to find out how well it overclocks. Hey, a nightcap sounds good. Think I'll join you. Cheers!

i can hardly imagine working on my computer without a drink... I alyways have the gin out to clean off thermal paste, and once it's already out... common....

anyway, about your memory, set all it's parameters to stock. Put the FSB at 200, the voltage at 2.6, the timmings at by spd (or 2-3-2-6 if that is what it is advertised at running at), lower your multi down so you know the cpu is stable, put the vdd voltage at stock, and get your memtest86 on overnight.

I would expect my memory to run 100% stable at stock settings. If it doesn't, your ram is faulty, and you should RMA or return it.

I had the same problem on nf3 board it happen to be that it was that the top performance setting in the bios was enabled.

Back