• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now THAT is a socket 603/604 cooler!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

just saw it over at 2cpu. Seems like a very good idea, plus it can be fitted with any 80mm fans. Anybody have time to make some measurements to see if this could sit next to another one on an ncch-dl or a pc-dl? if it would fit on an ncch, I might go with it as opposed to the E3W-NPTXS-04 and zip ties.

By the way, could someone answer another cooling question? I have been going over the swiftech model for the nocona xeons and it seems the mounting system requires extra stand-offs on your motherboard tray. is this true? typically, what cases have this feature? http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcx604-V.asp

http://www.glacialtech.com/pdf/Turbine4500Pro.pdf

turbine4500pro.jpg

Last edited:
I have been going over the swiftech model for the nocona xeons and it seems the mounting system requires extra stand-offs on your motherboard tray. is this true? typically, what cases have this feature?

If you follow the directions in the manual and use that stand off method its fine.

Take a look at this review, specifically the orientation of the mounting clips. Looks to me that on a PC-DL, the turbines would be pointing up from the bottom of the board to the top; I think they would fit if you lost one or both of the fans that would be sandwiched between them, but even so, one cpu would be getting the hot air from the other, and the agp card/psu would be in the way of good airflow. Doesn't look to me like you can mount it the other way around...

dicecca112 said:
If you follow the directions in the manual and use that stand off method its fine.

I would love to, the problem is my motherboard tray does not have that many stand-off holes around where the cpu would be. that's why I asked about the cases. Thanks for the info!

Rogue_weasel said:
Take a look at this review, specifically the orientation of the mounting clips. Looks to me that on a PC-DL, the turbines would be pointing up from the bottom of the board to the top; I think they would fit if you lost one or both of the fans that would be sandwiched between them, but even so, one cpu would be getting the hot air from the other, and the agp card/psu would be in the way of good airflow. Doesn't look to me like you can mount it the other way around...

That is a very good point! Welcome to the forums by the way! Could someone verify where the mounting clips are on the NCCH-DL?

Back