• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX1000 -- How Sexy Can You Get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuraisam

If you're not into Apple hardware, this is the most sexy piece of PC hardware that you can possibly put your hands on. Not only is it a 800 DPI (dots per inch), laser tracking, wireless RF, 10+ button mouse its also sexy. Did I mention there are no mouse buttons? Yep, completely seamless design (right and left) buttons. I got this thing the other night, let it sit on its base station for only ten minutes and used that entire night (about 9 hours) without a problem. Now that's what I call battery life! It's also very light and glids very smoothly even when I'm leaned back using my pant let as the surface. There is a built in batter life indicator as well (which has stayed at full for 3 days after no base station usage after only one night on the base station).

Here's what it looks like in person. Modeled by yours truly's hand!

mx1000-mouse.jpg

(Please ignore bad backround image quality, I wanted it to be dial up friendly, it's only a 25k image)

-Sam

looks like your running low on batt :p

I have one too, it's a very nice mouse. It's been known to have some lag/jumping problems but using it on the PS/2 Port fixed my problems. The battery life is awesome. I charge every 1.5-2 weeks.

DC5E - you say you fixed the lag / jumping problem... so its non-existant anymore? I remember the reviews saying that this problem made this mouse suck for gaming. I would have to agree since I lift my mouse all the time when gaming and I wouldn't be able to stand the lag when I put the mouse back down (something about the laser shutting off momentarily when you lift the mouse). Have you fixed this problem?

-Adrayic

I haven't had this problem...

It may skew you a bit (if you're playing fps's) because it's so sensitive. It starts picking up movement before it hits back down on the mousepad.

Using any mouse on the PS/2 port should solve a lag problem. (200hz vs 120 hz)

-Sam

warlock110 said:
it is also more than 50 bucks

Yes, but it solved a big problem I had.

Bashing mice on the computer monitor.
I refuse to bash this mouse. :p

-Sam

But who needs a ten button mouse? I've been using a two button (+scroll wheel) mouse for about 6 months now and it's great. If you want something that's light then forget 10 buttons, they just add useless weight.

actually, it wasn't because of picking up and putting down the mouse. I think that may be another issue that's very rare. But a common problem people have is that the mouse would just randomly jump or act strangely.

Logitech addressed this problem by telling people to install the latest drivers, and to try using the PS/2 port.

The problem with my mouse was whenever I clicked the quickswitch button or mousescroll button while moving it, the cursor would jump. This wasn't much of a problem because i didn't use these buttons very much, but moving from USB to PS/2 fixed my problem and my mouse works flawlessly now.

Some people haven't had as good luck and say that even when they use the PS/2 port, they still experience the erratic behavior.

As for the picking up and putting down, compared to my mx700, I don't really have a problem with this. I try to avoid picking it up partly because it's the heaviest mouse i've used, and also it has greater tracking ability while lifted off the ground than a optical mouse.

I've gone through the MX500->MX700->MX1000. And I have to say that this mouse is big. It also works great in gaming, that is if you don't have erratic behavior in the mouse.

After using the mx1000 and been acustomed to it, I can't bare going back to the mx700. It just seems so... slim...

Yeah, it's like a cradle for your hand almost. I used to have an MX300 and it seemeds really small now. It may be heavy, but when just moving it (provided you have a mouse pad) then it doesn't seem like its heavy at all--it glides really nice.

-Sam

Slackfumasta said:
I snuck an order through at work to get me an MX510 :D and I must say the 510 is way sexier than that MX1000!

But have you felt the MX1000? It has to feel sexy too!

-Sam

The MX1000 is the greatest mouse I have ever, ever used. I would pay 200 for this thing. Its so comfortable, so precise, so sexy!

Well, yes, I can see if you want it to match your case/monitor.

I garuntee though, this one is still nicer as far as functionality and comfort go.

-Sam

the mx510 is pretty comfortable compared to most mice, and it's not just an issue of whether it looks nice wih my case, the finish on the mx510 makes it the best looking mouse around, the mx1000 takes second when compared to the mx510 it's that simple

Personally, I think the Raser Diamondback is the coolest looking mouse on the market. The sleek design and inlaid lights. But I couldn’t handle the extreme sensitivity and had to return it. I don't use Logitech’s since I like to switch back and forth between the left and right hand. I need an ambidextrous style mouse.

Back