• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory for A64/Abit AV8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffp83

I just bought a Abit AV8 S939 Athlon 64 motherboard, and a Athlon 64 3000+ processor, and am now looking for some memory to go with it. I want to overclock it, hopefully to 2.4-2.5GHz, but am unsure what memory to go with, as well I am new to overclocking A64's. If anybody has any suggestions, that would be awesome! Thanks.

<Bump!>

Similar question since the AV8 is exceptionally picky.

I know my BTD43 wont work so Im gonna assume no Hynix will work worth a damn.

Im heaing spotty TCCD support and that the Balistix work *ok*. Anyone have their RAM over 250? If so what RAM?

back to the top little guy (aka, Bump!)

just looking for a good gig kit for any of the k8t 939pin boards, thinking of buying one here soon with a 3200 winnie.

Chuckman said:
back to the top little guy (aka, Bump!)

just looking for a good gig kit for any of the k8t 939pin boards, thinking of buying one here soon with a 3200 winnie.

Save up...skip VIA K8T and pick up a NF4's when the new CPU's come out...then pick up some good TCCD memory and run the NF4 and TCCD at 300+HTT 1:1...

Most NF3's and VIA's will not run at 300HTT at 1:1...very few...unlike the NF4's...seems like almost all can do 300HTT+ 1:1 without any issues if the CPU and memory can handle the settings...

As for memory with the K8T's...if you can find some BH5's or Bh6's...grab a set of them...most tccd's will not run in the K8T...and if they do...BH5's and 6's tend to do better with a ocz booster...

Back