• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Music freezes when clicking link in FF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBasher

Whenever I click a link in firefox, or click a bookmark, my music thats playing freezes for a couple miliseconds. It doesn't matter what I'm using, winamp, foobar, it always happens. I'm thinking that its a flaw in firefox, that makes it draw all of the cpu usage after a link is clicked... I'm using onboard sound (I know...:(), and I don't have much of a powerful pc, its a 1.2 celeron.

Anyone have comments/fixes/ideas?

You might try lowering the priority for firefox or raising the priority for your sound player.

Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager. In the Processes tab of Task Manager find the process you want to change, right click on its name, move your mouse over "Set Priority" and then select the priority. Don't set your music to realtime, this will likly lock your computer up (and give you optimal playback.)

Maybe the Celery 1.2 isn't able to keep up with firefox and winamp (and whatever else it may be running)? Does it have a lot of ram?

Back