• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winbond UTT chips on TwinMos ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
For those of you who don't know, the Winbond UTT chips can be found on the TwinMos PC3200 memory. If the number ends in AA4T, then it is supposedly the winbond chips. I got some on the forums, and my cousin got some from newegg HERE . So far, they are doing 240mhz at 2-2-2-11-1t on my nforce2 board in dual channel. It is at 3.2 volts actual. They aren't even warm to the touch.

I just wanted to post that in case anyone was looking for some cheap, low latency winbond memory. I've been told this is the same stuff in the OCZ VX memory as well. Of course, OCZ warrants theirs up to 3.5 volts and TwinMos doesn't....so the choice is yours.

I'll have my booster by Monday, so I can post some results at 3.6 volts and higher :)

-Collin-

Yes do keep us posted. I finally got a couple TMSP 512 modules ordered. Newegg sold out in under 10mins again, but I think I got two of them coming. What are the exact markings on all of your modules BTW? They're the 50D chips?

I just got some from Newegg too. I'm waiting for my Fortron 550 True Control psu, but as of now I have it running at

2-2-2-11 @ 225 fsb @ 3.1v

This stuff is amazing, I can't wait for more power!!

I hear ya I'm gonna run out of power too. I'm a little surprised this FSP400 PSU is running everything it is now.

Chris, its an ANTEC True control. HEHE

Mine are the 44D chips, but Chris' are the 50D's. Looks like you guys got newer ones than I did. As for the markings, I'll look when I get home. I think the only thing that really makes it obvious is the two dimples in the ram chips themselves.

Anyway, this stuff is amazing so far. VERY voltage hungry, but doesn't heat up AT ALL! Great stuff. Gigabyte board comes day after tomorrow. Will post back later :)

-Collin-

Which giga board? You'll have a heat issue to deal with anyway. The booster gets nice and toasty. Alot of the guys don't care to use them long term and I tend to agree. A better solution would be a board that can provide alot of vdimm like the DFI nF4 boards.

Already have a fan sticking on the dimms. Keeps em nice and cool.

CTringali said:
Check out our primitime memory cooling solutions...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364576

LOL! Those boosters get SOOOO hot. But I don't have many other options :(

By the way. I had TCCD in my mobile barton system. Same clock speed, same FSB speed, but the TCCD was at 2.5-3-3-11 and this is at 2-2-2-11. It dropped a whole second off Super PI!

-Collin-

Yup. I find the benchmark in p95 to be extremely accurate for a quick and dirty idea of real world memory performance.

Back