• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a look at this Yuck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

massraptor

A customer asked me to service their machine and install a CDRW.No problem right?Well the machine is an Old PII 400.THis is what I found. :eek: Most people don't know that majority of dust is HUMAN SKIN

Remeber boys and girls fold :attn: You're life could depend on it :-/

MassRaptor

Attachments

• Puter Front 1.jpg
    Puter Front 1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Puter Front 2.jpg
    Puter Front 2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 95
No i was polite

Most customer do not want to spend any money.So when they come to me because they know i build Puters on the side.They ask hey can you build a machine for $400 dollars.I Reply NO but DELL can.But if they become more serious about it and want more then a DEL can deliver.Then i consider and give real world quotes.

MassRaptor

massraptor said:
Most customer do not want to spend any money.So when they come to me because they know i build Puters on the side.They ask hey can you build a machine for $400 dollars.I Reply NO but DELL can.But if they become more serious about it and want more then a DEL can deliver.Then i consider and give real world quotes.

MassRaptor

Sometimes you are better off letting them buy a Dell. I built an A64 NF4 W/3000 winnie for someone which included a 15" LCD 16MS response for $750 and I made 4 return trips because every time they have a software issue or something as simple as not knowing how to do a backup of data then "something must be wrong with the computer if this isnt working"
Not once was there a hardware issue, but if their software isnt doing what they want it to then......no it couldnt be that possibly they just dont know how to use the software. I am really just about at the end of my rope with this one, I am ready to give them the $750 and tell them to go get a dell.
I just cant be jonnie on the spot to train the idiots how to use all of the software that they choose to install :bang head

I agree. However, it's just good policy to help people out.

The problem with the PC industry IMO is that people don't realize this stuff. Their old compaq clunker still "works fine" for them. In reality, the most some people need is a tiny little computer that can run IE and AIM. Some still don't get it...

EDIT: WOOOT! 6th Star!

Yea I know but its hard to smile as your gritting your teeth and the veins in your head is beginig to swell...........

massraptor said:
A customer asked me to service their machine and install a CDRW.No problem right?Well the machine is an Old PII 400.THis is what I found. :eek: Most people don't know that majority of dust is HUMAN SKIN

MassRaptor

Without even reading further, that mess is gross-gross-gross....

ghettocomp said:
Without even reading further, that mess is gross-gross-gross....

Lol....yea just think about that the next time you're in someones home that is really dusty, you are inhaling their dead skin particles. :eek:

massraptor said:
Most customer do not want to spend any money.So when they come to me because they know i build Puters on the side.They ask hey can you build a machine for $400 dollars.I Reply NO but DELL can.But if they become more serious about it and want more then a DELL can deliver.Then i consider and give real world quotes.

my family is like that, i cinstantly get asked to show my dad how to do the same bloody thing on his pc caus he can't be bothered remembering how to do it himself, and if he has a problem i can't fix he keeps asking me how to fix it every half hour, and if i xan fix it he doesn't believe me

yeah.. my mom has a old dell.. she wanted me to fix a softwere prob.. well i found out it was not as much as a softwere as hardware.. she was getting artfacts.. the WHOLE inside was coverd in 2" of dust and cat hair and dog hair and ..well u am not gona say it.. was nasty.. and smoke too.. yuck.. how the thing didnt go up in flames. LOL..

that reminds me.. i saw on tv a while ago someones house went up in flames becasuse of there computer.. LOL ..i got 20 phonecalls asking people to see if there comptuer was safe.. i made 900 dollers ..i know ..i am such a scam artist :)

Back