• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a small mouse pad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daba

Hi folks.

I don't have a lot of room for a mouse pad. Therefore, I would like a recommendation for a small, non-cloth, optical-OK mousepad.

The maximum dimesions I have are: 6''x10'', or roughly 155mm by whatever length. The only limiting constraint is width.

Doesn't need to be anything too fancy, I just don't want a cloth one that will be a poor compliment to my Razer Viper.

Thanks.

Surely since you have an optical mouse (and a good one at that - "Razor Viper") you don't need a mousemat! I chucked my mousemat away after buying my cordless logitech optical mouse (MX700) and have never looked back.

D/L

I am curious why it has to be "non-cloth" and, apparently. expensive. I use a cloth covered mat that I paid 1 Canadian Buck for(that's cheap!) As for being "optical-OK" it works perfectly. And it could be cut down to the size you want easily.

That's my 2 cents.

I just use a piece of white formica that bought from Home Depot. wears like iron and is easy to keep clean. I am sure any other home improvement store around has about the same thing.. one of these days I will glue a rubber backing on it to keep it from sliding. :D

FoxBat said:
I am curious why it has to be "non-cloth" and, apparently. expensive. I use a cloth covered mat that I paid 1 Canadian Buck for(that's cheap!) As for being "optical-OK" it works perfectly. And it could be cut down to the size you want easily.

That's my 2 cents.

I tried a cloth at work and then just the desktop. The cloth was a bit grippy and the desktop turned out the same way. Right now, I am using a free PC CLUB vinyl pad that is getting me by a little better.
Some bare desktop surfaces are not that good. I think I'll stop by home depot. That formica idea intrigues the modder in me.

With the new optical mice, I have found the need for a mouspad on the decline. Most of mine came with hardware purchased.

Just ordered the XTrac Micro Mouse Pad for my workstation. Will give feedback once it arrives.

Eah the problem of working space is big trouble. As far as know most of all pads are lil bit the same in it's size. You can find bigger than default size. But small one. I can now remember only one pad that is smaller than original size. It's Steelpad's 3S. It's 4 sm smaller in langth and 3 in width. It's small but realy cool. Glides pretty fancy.

Just got the XTrac Micro Mouse Pad. The size is right. about 7.5x8 but frankly the top surface it not much better than the free vinyl mouse pad I got from PC CLUB. Just a little slicker. However the bottom is fairly grippy and is not moving around. You can cut it down pretty easy ifn you needed too. Was it worth the 8.00 please shipping, probably not, but I will keep it anyway.

Back