• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please recommend a good 2x1GB pair for at least 230mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckMan212

hey y'all - I need at least 2gb of RAM to work comfortably so my options are somewhat limited. I am running an A64 rig now (ignore sig) and its an MSI Neo4 Plat (nonSLI). Currently I am using some gigaRAM (samsung??) 1gb sticks that are SPD'd for 3-4-4-8 operation at DDR433 (217mhz) and they BARELY run stable at that speed... they are not even stable at 225mhz and I tried giving them some extra juice (up to 2.8v) which didnt help.

I am currently running 10.5x257 5:6 multi so my 3500+ CPU is at 2.7ghz but the ram is only running 3-10-3-3 @208mhz. I would rather run the ram at 257 or even 11x270 which would be 225mhz even that would be better... so I am looking for some better 1gb sticks can anyone recommend any??
thanks

hmm i would suggest some nice tccd ram

but u are using half dividers , from what i have read that is a no no on a64 as it is slower than using the 10x multy

yeah I agree TCCD is what I am lookin for but who is making a 1gb TCCD module, I am having trouble finding...

as for the 10.5 multi, I would rather run 10x270 but that would put my ram at 225 which as I mentioned this crap ram doesnt seem to like.....

oh btw: here is the ram I have now --> gigaRAM @ Newegg

||Console|| said:
but u are using half dividers , from what i have read that is a no no on a64 as it is slower than using the 10x multy
btw where did you read this.. i am curious about this

Last edited:
bleehhhh... seems like I overlooked my LDT multi-- I forgot to change from 4x to 3x when I switched to 10x270. After dropping to 3x I am now stable at 10x270 ram@5:6 = 225mhz. Can't do 1T though, doesnt even post at 200fsb at 1T. Think its a MSI problem though,since my Chaintech VNF4 did 1T with the same sticks.

Back