• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox is getting annoying!!! help me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
my first problem is that no animated gifs actualy animate. all animated gifs are like frozen buti can still see them. even the smilies the forums use... They work fine in explorer Why not firefox???

also ocforums (and some other sites ) forget who i am after just 5 mins of inactivity. i can be typing some really long post and when i hit submit new thread it says I'm sorry but you need to be logged in or something or other and i loose my post and so i'm forced to eigther hit preview post every 2 mins or copy and paste from a word document. when i use explorer and i open ocforums main page it's like Welcome ozzlo you have 3 new private messages. while using firefoxs it says Are you a member? also i can start posting something in explorer and stop and come back 4 hours later and it dosen't forget who i am.

in the firefox options i have cookies enabled and everything else is at default settings.

Do you have any exceptions in your cookies list? Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies -> Exceptions will bring up a list of all specifically allowed or blocked sites. If OCForums was listed as a blocked site in there, I don't think it would matter even if cookies were set to enabled.

As for the animated gifs.... Open up the page "about:config" in Firefox and find the key "image.animation_mode". Verify it's still set to "normal". If that's not it, I've often heard of Zone Alarm causing problems, so I'd try turning it off if you're using it. Also, a result on google mentioned internet accelerators could be the problem, so if the GIFs work when you're not on your 56K connection it's likely that.

JigPu

Back