• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neopet modding/hacking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

First off, if there's a more appropriate forum, mods feel free to move it. It didn't appear to belong in "Alternative Modding'...

Following somewhat in the footsteps of the "Furby Hacking" thread, I have one or two Neopet toys lying around (tried to unload on ebay with no success), and was wondering if they could be modded/hacked to any degree. It's voice and motion activated (pressure switch on underside; it's not totally clear if that is the only "motion" sensor). The responses are preprogrammed, so there's probably not much that can be done there.

I'm not sure what I could do to this thing, but I'm tempted to do something...ideas? "Motion" sensors in the eyes would be fun, but IIRC the pressure switch is the only sensor I could find. Quite a bit smaller than a Furby, so anything involved would probably be difficult.

a fun way to start is to make a pictorialized dissection of your beastie (hope it's not an acara though they're so cute...) a creepy robot with big eyes saying cute things is a great way to make an annoying toy creepy and cool :)

if you really want it to do different things you may try looking up some of the furby hacking sites out there for some ideas on reprogramming and such :confused:

I'm not really sure which one I want to mod yet; I have a couple (wocky, ixi and lupe). The wocky seems to be the likelyest candidate as it's more compact compared to the others. One thing I was considering was changing the eye color; however I'm not entirely sure if that's dependent on LEDs or the color of the plastic.

I'll give the furby sites a try; I'm guessing that actual reprogramming would be a PITA as I don't know how the things are programmed to begin with.

Back