• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about buy a MAC for OSX, please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigaHertzAddict

I've never owned a mac before, But when I went into the mac store I feel in love with the look and feel of MAC OS X. The main reason I want a mac is because it's more secure than a PC. What do you guys think?

Go for it. Great machines as long as you don't want to play games or need any mainstream software. Surfing, burning, music, video couldn't ask for anything better.

I somewhat agree with theMonster - for normal every day use you will love the MAC. My wife wants on pretty bad - but for less money I can have a more powerfull PC. If you use your noggin you can be farely free from virii, spyware and rogue crap - the problem is people dont think before they click - if your that type of person the MAC is for you.

If your after the look grab WindowBlinds or StyleXP and load up a MAC skin - thats what I do on most of my PCs......I like the thinner look of the menu bars on the MAC skins.

I played with a Mac mini this weekend and damn that thing was cool, too bad about the slow hard drive. I doubt most general usage people would notice though, only power-users.

Back