• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADVICE PLEASE!!! corsair or something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ducatifly999

Registered
Hi guys, I've narrowed my search for ram and came down to either Corsair Value Select or Corsair XMS

2 gb 4x512 of Corsair pc3200 value select "VS1GBKIT400C3" or "VS1GBKIT400" (Dont really know the difference between them yet).

OR

1 gb 2x512 Corsair pc3200 "TWINX1024R-3200C2PT version 4.1 so I can get the TCCD chips.

I currently have an
ASUS p4p-800 deluxe
512 xerox pc3200 ddr sdram (someone gave it to me)
2x80 gb hard drives
2.8c oc'ed at 3.2ghz

I would like to get some advice as to what you guys think I should do? I am not HUGE on overclocking but would like the best bang for the buck without going wild. So I do want to OC my memory a little. What do ya'll think I should buy? Should I buy another kind of stick? Any help would be great, Thanks

ducboy

I'd go with the tccd all the way. Besides maybe vid editing, you won't see extra performance from 2GB, and the TCCD chips are amazing. They do the tightest timings available (2-2-2) at low voltage, and even go up to a pc4200 rating with 3-4-4-8 timings! I'd grab some now, they have been discontinued :D Your motherboard says it is rated at pc-3200 because it can only handle the processors with a 200MHz fsb. That is just meant to tell you what chips it supports, it's not a limit and your board can be overclocked far past that rating.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=83705

Since when is the 3200C2PT tccd? If im not mistake the XL and XLPT are the only XMS memory to use it. that would be kinda... awsome. the c2pt is a cheaper cas 2 part and if you could get tccd in it O_O yes please =O.
2x512 mb pc3200C2PT = $283 cdn
2x512 mb pc3200XLPT = $353 cdn

can you post a link to where you might have heard this?

oh yeah, you can plug in any ddr, whatever the speed rating. however that doesn't mean your system goes faster. It just means your memory can be overclocked to that rated speed. However without ridiculous cooling you won't be able to push a fsb/mem overclock up to 4400.

Back