• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trillian and Merged Contacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOman

Ok, so I just finished setting up a network of 4 computers for my fiancee's family.
I installed Trillian 3.0 for them and added my screenname for the day in case there was any problems I wanted to chat with a friend about (he's Helpdesk Personnel for UTC amoung others.)
Since then, the kids have added their screennames to Trillian, and unfortunately their Contact lists have been merged with mine.
Now I've got over 200 people on my list at home and have not found a way to remove all of these contacts that I don't know.
Anybody have any ideas to get rid of them permanently?
I've visited the Trillian Forums, but there hasn't been anything there that has helped.
I've deleted my Screenname from their computer, removed everyone I don't know from my Contact list on my Desktop and my laptop, but the server still keeps a list of all these people I don't know and sends the list back to me each time I open up Trillian.

Interested in a solution for this as well. Whoever had the dumb idea that contacts needed to be merged across accounts needs to be fired.

open up each messenger itself seperately. Edit your lists accordingly. Then log onto Trillian. (i've had to do this before). It SHOULD work... but no guaruntees.... (I last used trillian about version 1.0)

Hmmm...I was hoping to avoid having to install AOL IM, but if that's what it takes to get 12 year olds with names like XXXsexyskaterXXX off my list, then I'm all for it hehe...
Time to head to work for now, but I'll try when I get home later tonight.
Thanks for the help :)

I had this problem as well, every time I got on, Trillian or which ever IM service I used would just remerge everything into a mess. I finall switched to Miranda and everything is fine and dandy now.

Back