• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this BH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChesterMcCheese

The 2 corsair 512mb sticks have the codes:

CMX512-3500C2
XMS3502v1.1 0333096

N11360
accd30900215

and

CMX512-3500C2
XMS3502v1.1 024163

N11360
acc021154578

Is this BH-5, and more importantly if it is should I sell my soul to get it?

BH-5 are winbond modules that aren't produced any longer. Memory with these chips usually overclock very well with high voltage while retaining tight timings.
Winbond BH-5 is pretty much regarded as the best DDR produced to date - although VX certainly gives it a run for it's money.
TCCD is good too, but won't run tight timings and high FSB.

What memory do you have?

Well that's not going to make a noticable difference. You might try googling the codes off your memory and seeing if any overclocking forums produce some useful information..
Never know, could potentially be a good overclocker.

mattspalace said:
Well that's not going to make a noticable difference. You might try googling the codes off your memory and seeing if any overclocking forums produce some useful information..
Never know, could potentially be a good overclocker.

I can back that up, I bought some Generic PC3200, and I searched the forum and they turned out to be the same chips that are used in some PC4200. I was pretty happy, crappy timings, but I was happy.

I'd like BH5 but I do love TCCD at the moment.

Back