• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing windows office file?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaMobster

Alright, whenever I try to unistall office 2003/update office 2003/ even open up IE all I get is this error searching for the file 511735.MAINSP1op.msp ... is there anyway I can find that file or get around because it's driving me insane...

have you looked in C:\Program Files\OfficeUpdate11\Cabs ??

it's actually in a directory called 511735, the file is mainsp1op.msp. maybe this will help?

I have installed it, but when I try installing SP1 again, it won't let me because that file is missing... Microsoft won't let me do anything :temper:

*.msp files are patch files...in this case (like Know Nuttin suggested), Office 2003 is looking for the SP1 patch file. Have you tried doing a detect and repair through the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel?

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from the following MS site...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

When you install/run the utility, it should show up on your Programs menu. This utility will uninstall any programs that use the "Windows Installer" as its application installer. The file you're having problems with isn't missing, but is actually corrupt.

This Utility will do the uninstall for you (since you're unable to uninstall/repair Office through Add/Remove), and then you can install a fresh copy of Office 2003. Just make sure you don't uninstall/clean programs that deal with your OS. It should give the specific name of the program you wish to remove...in this case, Microsoft Office 2003. Then you can reinstall a fresh copy.

Back