• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop does not startup after cooling fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qwertyman

ok, here are the diagnostics, since my dell 250n would heat up way too much(those who have had this model know what i am talkin about) i took the cpu out(from where the pins attach), cleaned the foil off, and put some better conducting material on it. now when i startup my computer the fan starts up and the cd whirs trying to boot the live cd but the screen remains blank and nothing happens. i attached a n external moniter to make sure i didn't pull a cord for the screen(unlikely).
since all i worked on was the cpu and the cooling system i thought you guysmight know. any ideas? thanks.

did you remove the ram and put it back in? if so, try swapping the ram chips around. I had this happen to me on one of my laptops which I took apart. After putting it back together and putting the ram back in, it wouldn't work. It turned out that the ram configuration was picky and I had to swap the chips.

yeah i did ground myself. btw the processor does heat up so i would assume it wasnot destroyed by some charge.

Back