• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-DL Ram after Uwire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MaDDeePee said:
YEAH!

@JohannM

LoL yes, this was the main problem...its starts very,very far close to its end!
***NOW IM RUNNING DDR400 @ 2-2-2-5 and 2.71v***
Very funny to see, that the PCDL undervolt hold me back from the corsairC2 (BH6) stock speeds.
I couldnt even got DDR400 @ 2-3-3-6 because the stripes only got about 2.38v.

The only thing now @ 2.71v is that the VRM goes noticeable hotter than bevore the VDimm mod.
No matter, my case have a good cooling system....

I get back with pictures this weekend!

Thank you very much guys, im really happy now!!!!

Graphicism said:
OK, I read the great thread on How to build a 3+ghz, 200+mhz FSB dual Xeon thread...for cheap ;) - and suggested in there to use is this Kingmax Ram.
Now my question is does the PC-DL work just as well with any 2.5 latency 3200 Ram? They have corsair and muchkin which I would rather use, perhaps even twinMOS.

I guess my goal is 3.0-3.2GHZ
I used the Kingmax in the link at 220 MHz in the PC-DL. I've also used cheap Corsair Value Select PC3200 at 208 MHz and the cheap Mushkin PC3200 (2.5-7-3-3 timings, the ones without a heat spreader) also at 208 MHz. I only did the conductive grease mod that gets the VDIMM slightly above spec to just about 2.6V. The default VDIMM is actually under 2.5V which is why you need to be careful in selecting your DDR.

Back